“ Alarm goes off, quick dash to freshen up and head into the kitchen, whip up breakfast, pack lunches for everyone, wake up kids, dress them up, feed them, pack them off to school, send spouse on his way and make a mad dash to the office yourself’–.”
Sound familiar? This is a regular morning routine for many working moms. Weekday mornings are indeed the busiest time of the day and in all the hustle and bustle most of us forget to eat our own breakfast. With nutritionists calling breakfast the most important meal of the day, a missed breakfast is probably the reason behind acidity, headache and fatigue that we experience every day or could be the culprit behind the extra pounds we are piling on without even eating too much.
It is often repeated that if you are looking to stay healthy then breakfast like a king, lunch like a commoner and have dinner like a pauper. But if your hectic schedule leaves you with little time for a luxurious breakfast then here are some ideas for quick meals that would not need much preparation and are extremely nutritious:
· Sprouts salad – Stock your refrigerators with sprouts and kick start your morning with a healthy bowl of sprouts salad made by adding raw veggies like onions, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce etc of your choice.
So as you prepare meals for your lunch boxes, boil up some eggs at the same time and have them in the morning.
· Milk and cheese – A glass of milk or a cheese slice in the morning is the best way to provide your body with the much needed calcium intake. Like eggs, they too keep you feeling satiated for long, stopping you from gorging during the lunch hour.
You can also make a wrap by filling a pre-made tortilla with vegetable or chicken filling and munch on it happily while you are waiting for your car to move in heavy traffic! Eat healthy to stay healthy.
More to read
- The best tools for scraping Twitter
- Choosing A Blog Topic – BLOG TIP
- A Peasant Meal
- How to promote your charity using infographics
- Quick Meal Ideas For Busy Working Moms
- A tasty treat for your picky eater
- Belize Rice and Beans
- The Art of the Fruit Platter
- Savoury Baklava
- Recipe: Chinese Egg Rolls